.AU Domain Name Rules and Requirements
Common Domain Name Rules
- ClouDNS provides 3rd Level Domain Registration, under .COM.AU and .NET.AU.
- Domain Theft Protection feature is not supported for .AU domain names.
- If for any reason you need to Delete your domain name, contact our Support Team.
- Upon deletion, the .AU domain name becomes available for Registration immediately. The domain name does not enter Redemption Grace Period.
Domain Name Registration
- A .AU domain name can be Registered for only 2 years.
- The .AU Registry prohibits the Registration of some domain names 3 such as those related to Red Cross, United Nations, Olympics, etc..
- A .AU domain name has a 1 day Money Back Grace Period.
- .AU domain names do not support Internationalized Domain Names (IDN).
Domain Name Renewal
- A .AU domain name can be Renewed for only 2 years.
- However, you may Renew your .AU domain name anytime from 90 days prior to it's Expiry until 32 days after it Expires.
- Upon Expiry of a .AU domain name:
- any service such as email, website, etc., configured for this domain name would stop functioning, until the domain name is Renewed.
- if the .AU domain name is not Renewed until 32 days, the domain name would get Deleted and would immediately be available for Registration
Domain Name Transfer
- .AU domain names do not have a 60-Day Transfer Lock placed on them after they are Transferred.
- All .AU domain names have a Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code. The length of a Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code may vary between 6 to 32 characters.
- Upon placing a Transfer request for your .AU domain name with ClouDNS, we would validate your Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code with the .AU Registry. Once confirmed, we will email the Registrant Contact listed in the Whois of the domain name. The Registrant Contact must click the approval link to confirm the Transfer. If the approval link is not clicked within 5 days, the domain name will continue being registered with the current Registrar.
Domain Name Delete
- A .AU domain name has a Money Back Grace Period of 1 day.
Contact Details related Rules
- .AU domain names are only available for registration to Australian entities or companies incorporated in Australia.
- .AU domain names use the General Contact database in the system. .AU domain names use the following 4 Contacts itself:
- Registrant Contact
- Administrative Contact
- Technical Contact
- Billing Contact
- While adding a .AU Contact, you need to provide the following additional details about the Registrant:
- EligibilityID Type: You need to choose an appropriate EligibilityID Type by selecting one of the following values.
- Australian Company Number (ACN)
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Victoria Business Number (VIC BN)
- New South Wales Business Number (NSW BN)
- South Australia Business Number (SA BN)
- Northern Territory Business Number (NT BN)
- Western Australia Business Number (WA BN)
- Tasmania Business Number (TAS BN)
- Australian Capital Territory Business Number (ACT BN)
- Queensland Business Number (QLD BN)
- Trademark (TM)