How to install SSL certificate on IIS 7?
Once the SSL certificate is issued and ready for the installation, here are the steps how to install it on IIS 7 web server:
1. Open the ZIP file that contains your SSL Certificate and save the SSL Certificate file (your_domain_name.cer) to the desktop of the web server that you are securing.
2. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
In the Windows Start menu, click Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
3. In Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, under Connections, select your server’s Hostname.
4. In the center menu, in the IIS section, double-click the Server Certificates icon.
In the Actions menu, click Complete Certificate Request to open the Complete Request Certificate wizard.
5. In the Complete Certificate Request wizard, on the Specify Certificate Authority Response page, under File name containing the certification authority’s response, click … to browse to the .cer certificate file that DigiCert sent you, select the file, and then, click Open.
6. Next, in the Friendly name box, enter a friendly name for the certificate. The friendly name is not part of the certificate; instead, it is used to identify the certificate.
We recommend that you add DigiCert and the expiration date to the end of your friendly name, for example: yoursite-DigiCert-expirationDate. This information helps identify the issuer and expiration date for each certificate. It also helps distinguish multiple certificates with the same domain name.
7. To install the SSL Certificate to the server, click OK