.EU Domain Name Rules and Requirements
- ClouDNS provides 2nd Level Domain Registration, under .EU.
- Domain Theft Protection feature is not supported for .EU domain names.
- Move (push) feature is supported for .EU domain names. If you need move of .EU domain name, please contact the Support Team.
- If for any reason you need to Delete your .EU domain name, contact our Support Team.
- Upon deletion, a .EU domain name enters Redemption Grace Period.
Domain Name Registration
- A .EU domain name may be Registered for 1 to 10 years.
- .EU domain names may only contain alphabets a to z, numbers 1 to 9 and hyphens.
- The eligibility criteria for registering a .EU domain name is as listed below:
- Undertakings should have their registered office, central administration or principal place of business within the European Community.
- Organizations established within the European Community without prejudice to the application of the national law.
- Natural persons residing within the European Community.
- Some names have been blocked or reserved by the European Commission and the Member states:
- Blocked Names
- List of names submitted by Member States of the European Community with regard to the geographical and/or geopolitical concepts which affect their political or territorial organization that may either
- not be registered, or
- be registered only under a Second Level domain, according to the public policy rules.
- Download the complete list of Blocked .EU names
- Two-letter codes representing countries are blocked and may not be registered as .EU domain names.
- Reserved Names
- Member States, countries to join the European Union in the future, and member countries of the European Economic Area (that are not Member States) have reserved their official name and the name under which they are commonly known in one or more of the official languages of the European Union.
- Certain names have been reserved by the European Commission for its own use or for use by the Community institutions and bodies.
- The following names are reserved for the operational functions of the Registry:
- A .EU domain name does not have a Money Back Grace Period.
Domain Name Renewal
- A .EU domain name may be Renewed for 1 to 10 years.
- .EU domain name registered before 15 Septemeber, 2014: Such a domain name will not have any Renewal Grace Period. It will expire on the second last day of the month it was registered in and will be Deleted on the same day, if not Renewed.
- If you register yourdomainname.eu for 1 year on 15 April, 2013, it will expire on 29 April, 2014 and will be Deleted on the same day, if not Renewed.
- If the domain name is Transferred on 20 December, 2013, it will expire on 29 April, 2015 and will be Deleted on the same day, if not Renewed.
- .EU domain name registered after 15 Septemeber, 2014: Such a domain name will expire at the end of its registration term. It will have a Renewal Grace Period of 27 days and will be Deleted, if not Renewed during this period.
- If you register yourdomainname.eu for 1 year on 20 September, 2014, it will expire on 20 Septemeber, 2015 and will be Deleted, if not Renewed till 17 October, 2015.
- If the domain name is Transferred on 20 December, 2014, it will expire on 20 September, 2016 and will be Deleted, if not Renewed till 17 October, 2016.
- If Renewal Grace Period expires, the domain name is placed in QUARANTINE (Redemption Period) and restoration is exclusive right of the last owner.