We will show you two different ways to set up a new DNS zone for WordPress, depending on if your site was created and hosted through WordPress.com or you have a hosting with a cPanel. We will show you a step-by-step guide for the two options.
In this example, we assume you bought a domain from Cloudns.net, and you are having one of our DNS plans. If that is not the case, the steps will be similar, but not the same.
Set up a DNS zone for sites hosted on WordPress.com
1. Go to https://wordpress.com/ and follow the process to create a web site. Register and log in.
2. Then choose the type of website, from the options, you would like to have.
3. Depending on the purpose of it, type a corresponding keyword, or a name you like.
4. Go for the free domain. You will be using the other domain name that you have already bought from us. In this example, the domain we will use is ricki.sx
5. Go to Cloudns.net and log in to your profile. Create a Master DNS Zone file. The Master Zone will let you write and read onto the DNS database.
To create it you must click on DNS zones and then select Master Zone option. Put just the domain name that you bought (without www. Or http://).
Now you have created the DNS zone for WordPress, and it is time to put DNS records.
6. We will add a CNAME record that will redirect to where your site is hosted. The CNAME is a canonical record. It serves to show that one domain is an alias for another one.
We will point the blog (blog.ricki.sx) to the domain (myburst.photo.blog) that was given from WordPress.com.
7. Then we will create a permanent redirect (301 redirect) that will map the ricki.sx to http://blog.ricki.sx and another for the www subdomain (www.ricki.sx) to the same.
8. The final action, we want to do, is to edit the redirects and add “Redirect with frame.” This will make your visitors see just the redirected domain and not the original.
Check our Premium DNS plans here!
Set up a DNS zone for WordPress site on hosting with cPanel.
1. Go to your hosting account and log in. Write down the IP address. You will need it in step 6.
2. Enter the cPanel and click on the Addon Domains. Addon Domains let you control more than 1 domain for your hosting.
3. Now create an Addon Domain with the new domain name rick.sx and subdomain www.
4. Go to your Cloudns.net and log in.
5. Create a Master Zone, so later you can add DNS records.
6. Create two A records. The first to direct from ricki.sx to the IP of the hosting (that one you wrote down back in step 1), and the second to direct from the www.ricki.sx to the same IP.
You can find more interesting articles on our blog.
DNS Troubleshooting – tools and commands
Hi, I’m Martin Pramatarov. I have two degrees, a Technician of Computer Networks and an MBA (Master of Business Administration). My passion is storytelling, but I can’t hide my nerdish side too. I never forgot my interest in the Hi-tech world. I have 10 years and thousands of articles written about DNS, cloud services, hosting, domain names, cryptocurrencies, hardware, software, AI, and everything in between. I have seen the Digital revolution, the Big migration to the cloud, and I am eager to write about all the exciting new tech trends in the following years. AI and Big Data are here already, and they will completely change the world!
I hope you enjoy my articles and the excellent services of ClouDNS!
Thanks for your explanation on how to set up a new DNS zone for a WordPress site through your informative article. I will look forward to making the best use of this informative guide for the WordPress projects further.
Thanks for any other fantastic article. The place else may anyone get that type of information in such a perfect method of writing?
I have a presentation subsequent week, and I am at the
look for such info.
Actually when someone doesn’t understand afterward its
up to other visitors that they will help, so here it takes place.
Wow, that’s what I was looking for, what a stuff!
existing here at this web site, thanks admin of this web page.
Hi there to every single one, it’s really a fastidious for me to go to see this
web page, it contains useful Information.